#PBHUTAH2017 Is A Patients Included Conference
We are pleased to announce that this year's Health Services research Conference is a Patients Included event and is committed to incorporating the patient voice throughout the sessions. Please find below the ways our conference meets the expectations of each of the Patients Included Charter's 5 clauses:
We strive to maintain a Patient's Included Conference by following the charter set out by the patientsincluded.org.
We are committed to maintaining a Patients Included meeting by following the charter information as outlined on their website. Each charter clause is listed followed by our statement to maintain this standard.
- Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the conference's central theme actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics and speakers.
- Patients, caregivers, and community members were included in the planning of the conference theme and meeting items. They were included in all stakeholder meetings to ensure that their wants and needs were met; including breakout sessions included in the meetings.
- Patients or caregivers with experience of the issues addressed by the even participate in its delivery, and appear in its physical audience.
- Patients and community members were asked to participate in panels and keynote presentations in order to include their perspectives on health care and health services research. Patients, families, and community members were invited to attend the conference.
- Travel and accommodation expenses for patients or carers participating in the advertised programme are paid in full, in advance. Scholarships are provided by the conference organizers to allow patients or carers affected by the relevant issues to attend as delegates. Patients, families, caregivers, and community members are able to register at no cost in order to promote community participation.
- All patients, caregivers, and community members' travel and accommodations were paid for in advance, regardless of whether they were participating in the conference, or just attending. Patients were responsible for NO COST.
- The disability requirements of participants are accommodated. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings and other programme elements are open to patient delegates.
- All patients' needs were accommodated for, including those with disabilities by asking for their needs beforehand, and by offering our services throughout the conference. All breakout sessions were available to all patients and/or caregivers to offer a wide variety or perspectives.
- Access for virtual participants is facilitated, with free streaming video provided online wherever possible.
- We plan to maintain live updates throughout the day on Twitter from multiple Twitter accounts using the hashtag #PBHUtah2017, which will ensure the feed is easy to follow throughout the day. All recordings, slides, videos, and other information regarding the conference will be posted on the HealthInsight website, and will be available to the public.
We maintain that we have done everything in our power to adhere to those charter items set forth by the Patients Included Charter.
For any questions or concerns, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Commitment to Patient Engagement
This uniquely blended meeting of diverse attendees maintains a strong commitment to ensure an atmosphere of inclusiveness so all feel welcome to participate and engage in meaningful discussion and identification of research questions. This meeting will demonstrate ways that all stakeholders can become active in the research process, thus influencing more patient?centered, meaningful research that can be sustained by the broader healthcare community. Research abstracts, messaging, and breakout session materials will be developed to ensure jargon?free, consumer friendly language.