About HealthInsight New Mexico
HealthInsight New Mexico is the state’s premier and independent health care consulting organization dedicated to the facilitation of positive changes in the delivery of health care. HealthInsight New Mexico's exceptional staff, comprised of analytic, communications, medical coding and clinical and quality improvement professionals, is widely recognized for providing education and training, technical assistance, quality of care review, and project management expertise to a variety of audiences in a number of areas. HealthInsight New Mexico has a well-earned reputation for working with community leaders to provide innovative solutions to health care challenges.
As a not-for-profit health care organization that has served the state since 1984, HealthInsight New Mexico is:
While HealthInsight New Mexico provides quality improvement expertise and services through its federal and state contracts, it also assists organizations outside of New Mexico in quality improvement initiatives. HealthInsight New Mexico partners with stakeholder organizations and uses a client-focused and collaborative approach in working with providers, Medicare beneficiaries, consumers, payors and others to improve care.
- the federally contracted Medicare Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) for New Mexico
- the state-contracted Medicaid External Quality Review Organization (EQRO)
- contracted to reduce health care-associated infections and assist critical access and rural hospitals
- a founding partner of the New Mexico Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center (NM HITREC)
- leader of the New Mexico Prescription Improvement Coalition (a group effort aimed at improving drug safety)
- leader of Aligning Forces for Quality (AF4Q) in Albuquerque (one of 16 targeted communities in the country funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation to improve health care quality, reduce racial and ethnic disparities, and provide models for national reform)
Our Range of Services
- Health Care Process Improvement
- Medical Review
- Continuing Education
- Health Care Communication and Marketing
- Statistical and Analytical Services
- Health Information Technology
Our Mission and Vision Statements
HealthInsight is a private, not-for-profit, community-based organization with offices and local governance in Nevada and Utah, and now in New Mexico.
HealthInsight is a recognized leader in:
HealthInsight serves as the Medicare QIO and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Chartered Value Exchange (CVE) in Nevada and Utah, and holds a variety of other contracts. Read more about HealthInsight.
- Defining and encouraging health care value, transparency and public reporting
- Health information technology initiatives
- Payment reform efforts
- Human factors science research and application
- Quality assurance activities