Trauma-Informed Care in Nursing Homes
Webinar, Tuesday, July 24, 2018 — 2:30–3:30 p.m. MT, 1:30–2:30 p.m. PT
Objectives: Participants will be able to
- Define trauma-informed care
- List resources for trauma-informed care education for staff
- Explain caregiving approaches that can be used with individuals with a history of trauma
Target Audience: This presentation is directed to the long-term care setting.
Presenter: Alissa Bazinet, PhD
Alissa Bazinet is a licensed clinical psychologist. As a clinical records reviewer for HealthInsight Assure, she reviews records for individuals on the Oregon Health Plan with severe and persistent mental illness to evaluate care coordination following their discharge from an acute psychiatric inpatient facility.
In her private practice, Alissa specializes in psychotherapy for individuals with histories of trauma, including combat veterans and adults who experienced childhood trauma. Prior to opening her practice, Alissa worked in the hospital setting for ten years. She has experience providing assessments and treatment planning for older adults with histories of trauma and neurodegenerative disorders (e.g., dementia).
To Participate: Please join the event 15 minutes prior to the start time.
- Click on or copy and paste this URL to your web browser: https://qualitynet.webex.com
- Locate the event and click “Join Now” (located to the right of the event title).
- Enter your name and email address as prompted.
- Enter the password: Trauma
(The automatic system set-up should start at this point. If a dialogue box appears, click “Run.”
Please note, the automatic system set-up does take a few minutes to complete.)
- Call: 1-888-896-0862 Access code: 46703968
If you have questions or problems accessing the meeting, call the Ventech Helpline at 1-540-347-7400 x390.