MIPS Promoting Interoperability Performance Category ~ Upcoming Webinar about Changes!
Spotlight on the MIPS Promoting Interoperability Performance Category
Recently, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), announced that it has changed the name of the MIPS Advancing Care Information performance category to the Promoting Interoperability performance category.
Here are a few things you need to know about the name change:
- Promoting Interoperability is not a new performance category; it’s just the new name for the Advancing Care Information performance category. This new name better reflects our increased focus on interoperability and improving patient access to health information.
- The 2018 requirements for the Promoting Interoperability performance category are exactly the same as what was finalized for the Advancing Care Information performance category. For an overview of the 2018 Promoting Interoperability performance category and participation requirements, review this fact sheet. Please note, we are in the process of updating the 2018 measure specifications to reflect the Promoting Interoperability name change. However, the specifications are still the same.
- In addition to renaming the Advancing Care Information performance category, CMS also changed the name of the EHR Incentive Programs to the Promoting Interoperability Programs. To learn more about the Promoting Interoperability Programs, visit this webpage.
- Review 2018 resources from CMS in the Quality Payment Program Resource Library on CMS.gov.
- Contact the Quality Payment Program Service Center at QPP@cms.hhs.gov or 1-866-288-8292 (TTY: 1-877-715-6222).
Promoting Interoperability Webinar
CMS will be hosting a webinar to discuss the Promoting Interoperability performance category requirements in 2018. Register today!
- Title: Promoting Interoperability Performance Category Webinar
- Date: Tuesday, June 12
- Time: 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. ET