HHQI Announcements and Updates – May 2018Each month, the health care industry spotlights a variety of health-related topics to heighten awareness, increase education, or recognize the contributions of professional groups. In May, we recognize the following observances:
- Healthy Vision Month
- Mental Health Month
- National Arthritis Awareness Month
- National High Blood Pressure Education Month
- National Osteoporosis Month
- National Stroke Awareness Month
- Older Americans Month
- Skin Cancer Awareness Month
- World Asthma Day (May 2)
- National Nurses Week (May 6-12)
- National Hospital Week (May 6-12)
- National Women’s Health Week (May 13-19)
- National Skilled Nursing Care Week (May 13-19)
- Senior Fitness Day (May 30)
- World No Tobacco Day (May 31)
Please note: HHQI Registration/log-in is required to access to some of these featured resources, but it's easy and free!
Please mark your calendars and take advantage of these evidence-based resources and events offered by the Home Health Quality Improvement (HHQI) national campaign at no cost to you or your organization:
- May: The much anticipated Wound Management Best Practice Intervention Package (BPIP) will be published. Compare your current wound management program and resources to the current evidence to ensure your agency is providing the highest quality of wound care possible. Many helpful tools – such as clinician pocket cards – will be included. Watch for the announcement on Facebook and Twitter, or subscribe to HHQI’s BPIPs mailing list to be notified as soon as the package is available.
- May 14: Last day to Close out your HHCDR in order to receive your personalized Home Health Cardiovascular Data Registry (HHCDR) Report around May 23.
- May 15: HHCDR patient data will be available starting this day for the next month.
- Third Thursday, May 17, noon-1 p.m. MT/11 a.m.-noon PT: LiveChat with the entire HHQI Team. Join other home health professionals discussing and asking questions about the campaign and improving home health care in general.
Please feel free to send any questions you would like to have addressed during this one-hour session to HHQI at HHQI@qualityinsights.org. Questions may also be submitted during the live event. Admission is FREE.
- Coming June 21, noon-1 p.m. MT/11 a.m.-noon PT: Cardiovascular Learning Action Network (CardioLAN) will welcome guest pharmacists as they discuss the newest information on statin therapy in our cardiovascu lar patient population and how home health can make a difference. Save the date, and join the CardioLAN to be notified by email as soon as registration is open.
- Ongoing: HHQI wants to hear from YOU regarding Opioids and Home Health! Whether as health care providers or just concerned citizens, we are all affected by the nation’s opioid epidemic in one way or another. So that HHQI can tailor future resources to address the need associated with substance use disorder, would you take just a moment to follow this link and answer three quick questions?
You may also contact HHQI to share your suggestions for how home health providers can best contribute to combatting the nationwide opioid epidemic. Thank you for your input!
Need more information? Email the HHQI Team