HHQI Announcements and Updates – April 2017Many national health-related events take place in April:
- Alcohol Awareness Month – National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD)
- Foot Health Awareness Month – American Diabetes Association; National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
- National Minority Health Month – Office of Minority Health (OMH); National Minority Quality Forum
- Occupational Therapy Month – American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- Stress Awareness Month – American Heart Association
- Careers in Aging Week: April 2-8 – Association for Gerontology in Higher Education (AGHE)
- National Public Health Week: April 3-9 – American Public Health Association
- National Walking Day: April 5 – American Heart Association
- April 14: Last day to Close out your HHCDR in order to receive your personalized Home Health Cardiovascular Data Registry (HHCDR) Report around April 23.
- April 15: HHCDR patient data will be available starting this day for the next month.
- Third Thursday – April 20, noon-1 p.m. MT/11 a.m.-noon PT: Underserved Population Webinar
Corresponding HHQI University course credit is pending approval for 2.25 continuing education credits for nurses (ANCC). To receive credit, participants must watch the full webinar and complete an additional 15 minutes of related coursework in HHQI University.
Take advantage of these free evidence-based resources and events. For more information, please contact the Home Health Quality Improvement (HHQI) team at HHQI@qualityinsights.org.