Utah Physician Office Practices Receive Award for Quality Care
HealthInsight Program Encourages Excellence in Patient Care
Salt Lake City, October 22, 2014 — Forty-six Utah physician office practices are being honored today for demonstrating excellence in patient care.
HealthInsight, a non-profit, community-based health care consulting organization, working to improve health and health care for patients and providers, announced forty-six physician office practices across the state as recipients of the 2014 HealthInsight Quality Award.
The 2014 HealthInsight Quality Award recognizes physician office practices that incorporate patient engagement tools and strategies into their care processes; use care management methods regularly; participate in a data reporting quality initiative; and achieve exemplary performance on nationally-recognized quality measures related to diabetes, cancer screening, and immunizations.
"We are pleased to recognize these outstanding physician practices that have shown a commitment to improving health care quality for the residents of our state," said Juliana Preston, HealthInsight Utah Executive Director. "Their commitment to excellence in delivering quality health care and ensuring positive patient outcomes is evidenced by their achievement of this award."
The award recipients will be recognized at HealthInsight's Patient Centered Care in Action event at the Salt Lake Community College Miller Campus in Sandy, Utah.
The 2014 HealthInsight Quality Award recipients are:
- Advanced Pulmonary, Sleep Disorders & Internal Medicine - St. George
- Bountiful Clinic - Family Practice - Bountiful
- Bountiful Clinic - Internal Medicine - Bountiful
- Budge Clinic Internal Medicine - Logan
- Budge Pediatrics - Logan
- Central Utah Clinic - Orem Family Medicine - Orem
- Central Utah Clinic - Orem Internal Medicine - Orem
- Central Utah Clinic - Payson Internal Medicine - Payson
- Central Utah Clinic - Provo Internal Medicine - Provo
- Cope Family Medicine - Bountiful
- Cottonwood Family Practice - Murray
- Cottonwood Internal Medicine - Murray
- Exodus Healthcare Network - Magna
- Fourth Street Clinic - Salt Lake City
- Granger Medical Riverton - Riverton
- Granger Medical West Jordan - West Jordan
- Granger Medical West Valley - West Valley
- Intermountain American Fork Internal Medicine - American Fork
- Intermountain Cedar City Clinic - Cedar City
- Intermountain Herefordshire Clinic - Roy
- Intermountain Layton Clinic - Layton
- Intermountain North Cache Valley Clinic - Hyde Park
- Intermountain North Canyon Family Practice - Provo
- Intermountain North Ogden Clinic - Ogden
- Intermountain North Orem Clinic - Orem
- Intermountain Park City Round Valley Clinic - Park City
- Intermountain Salt Lake Clinic - Salt Lake City
- Intermountain Sandy Clinic - Internal Medicine - Sandy
- Intermountain Sandy Clinic - Pediatrics - Sandy
- Intermountain Sevier Valley Clinic - Richfield
- Intermountain South Ogden Clinic - Ogden
- Intermountain South Sandy Clinic - Sandy
- Intermountain Syracuse Clinic - Syracuse
- Intermountain Taylorsville Clinic - Taylorsville
- Intermountain Valley View Family Medicine - Cedar City
- Internal Medicine Associates/Personalized Primary Care - Sandy
- Jordan Landing Clinic - West Jordan
- Jordan Meadows Medical Center - West Jordan
- Jordan River Family Medicine - South Jordan
- Logan Clinic - Logan
- Manti Clinic - Manti
- McKay Dee Internal Medicine - Ogden
- Mountainlands Community Health Center - Provo
- Premier Family Medical - Lindon - Lindon
- Premier Family Medical - Pleasant Grove - Pleasant Grove
- University Health Care Sugarhouse Family Health Center - Salt Lake City
Beginning in 2009, HealthInsight began recognizing physician office practices for their effective use of health information technology, patient care management practices, as well as reporting of and exemplary performance on nationally-recognized quality of care measures. The Quality Award aims to promote excellence in health care.
HealthInsight is a recognized leader in convening and partnering with communities to improve health and health care by advancing quality, efficiency and value for patients and providers. We are leading experts in quality improvement; transparency and public reporting; use of health information technology; engaging patients to improve their health; and redesigning how care is paid for and delivered. Learn more at healthinsight.org and follow HealthInsight on Twitter at @HealthInsight_.
This material was prepared by HealthInsight, the Medicare Quality Innovation Network -Quality Improvement Organization for Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon and Utah, under contract with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The contents presented do not necessarily reflect CMS policy. 11SOW-B4-14-10-UT