Utah Physician Office Practices Receive Award for Quality CareHealthInsight program encourages excellence in health care
Salt Lake City, November 14, 2013 — HealthInsight, a private, non-profit, community-based organization dedicated to improving health and health care in Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah, announced 27 physician office practices as recipients of the 2013 HealthInsight Quality Award. The award is given to clinics that demonstrate excellence in patient care.
The 2013 HealthInsight Quality Award recognizes physician office practices that incorporate patient engagement tools and strategies into their care processes; use care management methods regularly; participate in a data reporting quality initiative; and achieve exemplary performance on nationally-recognized quality measures related to diabetes, cancer screening, and immunizations.
"We are honored to commend these outstanding physician practices that exemplify the improvement of health care quality and outcomes for the residents of our state," said Juliana Preston, HealthInsight Executive Director. "Their commitment to excellence in health care delivery is evidenced by their achievement of this award."
The award recipients will be recognized at HealthInsight's Patient Centered Care in Action Event at the Salt Lake Community College Miller Campus in Sandy, Utah.
The 2013 HealthInsight Quality Award recipients are:
- Advanced Pulmonary Sleep Disorder & Internal Medicine, PLLC — St. George
- Central Utah Clinic - American Fork Internal Medicine — American Fork
- Central Utah Clinic - St. George Ophthalmology — St. George
- Central Utah Clinic - Orem Internal Medicine — Orem
- Central Utah Clinic - Payson Internal Medicine — Payson
- Central Utah Clinic - Provo Internal Medicine — Provo
- Central Utah Clinic - St. George Family Medicine — St. George
- Coalville Health Center — Coalville
- Cope Family Medicine — Bountiful
- Granger Medical Clinic - West Jordan — West Jordan
- Granger Medical Clinic - West Valley — West Valley
- Granger Medical Clinic — Riverton — Riverton
- Hunter Medical Center — West Valley City
- Intermountain Herefordshire Clinic — Roy
- Intermountain Holladay Clinic-Internal Medicine and Podiatry — Murray
- Intermountain Layton Clinic — Layton
- Intermountain North Ogden — North Ogden
- Intermountain South Ogden Clinic — South Ogden
- Intermountain Syracuse Clinic — Syracuse
- Jordan Meadows Medical Center — West Jordan
- Jordan River Family Medicine — South Jordan
- McKay Dee Internal Medicine — Ogden
- Northern Utah Pediatrics — Ogden
- Oasis Family Medicine — Tooele
- Premier Family Medical - Pleasant Grove — Pleasant Grove
- Premier Family Medical — Lindon — Lindon
- Steven S. Salisbury, MD — Logan
Beginning in 2009, HealthInsight began recognizing physician office practices for their effective use of health information technology, patient care management practices, as well as reporting of and exemplary performance on nationally-recognized quality of care measures. The Quality Award aims to promote excellence in health care.
HealthInsight is a private, non-profit, community-based organization dedicated to improving health and health care that is composed of locally governed organizations in three western states: Nevada, New Mexico and Utah. The HealthInsight enterprise holds contracts, grants and accreditation in key areas of healthcare improvement. This work includes an Agency for Healthcare Quality and Research Chartered Value Exchange (Nevada, Utah); Medicare Quality Improvement Organization (Nevada, New Mexico, Utah); Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Aligning Forces for Quality (New Mexico); Office for the National Coordinator (ONC) Beacon Community (Utah); Medicaid External Quality Review Organization (New Mexico); Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center (Utah, Nevada, New Mexico subcontractor); Community Health Information Exchange (Nevada); Prescription Improvement Coalition (New Mexico); Utah HealthScape (Utah); and URAC accreditation (Nevada). HealthInsight is a recognized leader in quality improvement; transparency and public reporting; health information technology programs; healthcare system delivery and payment reform efforts; and human factors science research and application. Visit our website at healthinsight.org.
This material was prepared by HealthInsight, the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization for Nevada and Utah, under contract with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The contents presented do not necessarily reflect CMS policy. 10SOW-UT-2013-PO-77