Utah Hospitals Receive HealthInsight Quality Award
Program Encourages Excellence Through Accountability
Salt Lake City — October 13, 2016 — Utah hospitals are being recognized today for their high performance in quality care measures, patient satisfaction and readmission rates.
HealthInsight, a nonprofit, community-based health care collaborative working to improve health and health care for patients and providers will present the 2016 HealthInsight Quality Award to 18 hospitals from across the state today.
HealthInsight Quality Award recipients are selected for demonstrating high-quality health care and excellence in performance on a combination of publicly reported Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services inpatient and outpatient process of care measures, patients' perception of care measures and 30-day hospital-wide readmissions. Patient involvement in care continues to be a focus nationally, and the award reflects that by focusing heavily towards the national survey of patients' experience of hospital care (HCAHPS). Research has shown that high performance on patients' hospital experiences goes hand-in-hand with excellent clinical care.
"We are pleased to recognize these outstanding hospitals that continue to improve their quality of care year after year," said Juliana Preston, executive director, HealthInsight Utah. "Continuing to include patients' perception of care in the award criteria allows us to reward a more complete picture of 'quality' health care at large and small hospitals throughout the state."
The award recipients will be recognized at the Utah Hospital Association's Annual Awards Dinner at the Silver Baron Lodge at Deer Valley in Park City, Utah.
The 2016 HealthInsight Quality Award recipients are:
- Alta View Hospital - Sandy
- American Fork Hospital - American Fork
- Bear River Valley Hospital - Tremonton
- Castleview Hospital - Price
- Cedar City Hospital - Cedar City
- Delta Community Hospital - Delta
- Dixie Regional Medical Center - St. George
- Garfield Memorial Hospital - Panguitch
- Logan Regional Hospital - Logan
- Lone Peak Hospital - Draper
- McKay-Dee Hospital - Ogden
- Park City Hospital - Park City
- Sanpete Valley Hospital - Mt. Pleasant
- Sevier Valley Hospital - Richfield
- Intermountain TOSH - The Orthopedic Specialty Hospital - Murray
- Timpanogos Regional Hospital - Orem
- University of Utah Health Care - Salt Lake City
- Utah Valley Hospital - Provo
HealthInsight is a recognized leader in convening and partnering with communities to improve health and health care by advancing quality, efficiency and value for patients and providers. We are leading experts in quality improvement; transparency and public reporting; use of health information technology; engaging patients to improve their health; and redesigning how care is paid for and delivered. Learn more at healthinsight.org and follow HealthInsight on Twitter at @HealthInsight_.