Better Health Care for Communities
Nearly one in five Medicare patients are re-hospitalized within 30 days of a hospital discharge, according to research done by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Of those patients, the Medicare Payment Advisory Committee estimates that 76 percent of those readmissions may be preventable with post-acute care and care coordination. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' (CMS) research shows that Medicare patients are more dissatisfied with discharge related care than any other aspect of care.
To address these issues, HealthInsight is convening providers and practitioners, hospitals, community partners and stakeholders to improve health in older adults in the community and to identify partners that can assist in improving care coordination. HealthInsight will work with these providers to identify problems in the continuum of care and to implement evidence based interventions to address these gaps in care.
Why should your organization join the Care Coordination initiative? Providers who participate with the HealthInsight QIN-QIO will benefit from the following:
- Quality improvement technical assistance to facilitate achievement of project goals
- Tools and resources for root cause analysis (RCA) to examine the causes of poor care coordination
- Tools and resources for process improvement
- Virtual and in-person learning opportunities through a learning and action network (LAN) community
- Support in development and tracking of measures and effectiveness of those measures.
- Partner with multiple community organizations and individuals, such as patients, providers, and stakeholders to address problems across the continuum of care
Medication Safety Starts with You
The HealthInsight Care Coordination Team has ignited the Medication Safety Starts With You campaign to shine a light on a growing problem while also providing tools and resources to help providers, caregivers, patients and families find their way to effective solutions.
Contact a member of your local HealthInsight team for more information or to participate:
Remona Benally, Project Manager