I have a doctor’s appointment in a few days. What can I do to prepare for it?
Q:I have a doctor’s appointment in a few days. What can I do to prepare for it?
A: There are a number of things you can do to get ready for your appointment and to make your visit a more positive and productive experience. Here are some suggestions:
- Make a list of your symptoms.
- Make a list of questions you want to ask.
- Bring a list of your family medical history, medications, and allergies to your appointment.
- Consider asking a friend or family member to go with you. (When you make your appointment, ask for an interpreter if needed.)
- Use the Do My PART Medication Card to help you remember what to ask and as a way to keep track of your medications.