Hospital Quality Awards
2016 Quality Awards Criteria
HealthInsight national rankings based on hospitals' performance on inpatient and outpatient process of care measures , a national survey of patients' experience of hospital care (HCAHPS) and 30-day hospital wide readmissions (HWR). The process of care, HCAHPS and HWR survey ranks are combined into a single weighted composite ranking, with the process of care measures contributing 30 percent, the survey results 60 percent and HWR contributing 10 percent to the composite rank. Hospitals at or above the 75th percentile nationally on this combined ranking receive a HealthInsight Quality Award.
2016 Certificate of Recognition Criteria
HealthInsight also recognizes and rewards improvement in performance over time. Recognition certificates are given to the hospital demonstrating the greatest overall improvement in clinical quality and the hospital demonstrating the greatest overall improvement in patients’ perception of care (HCAHPS).
Nevada: Certificates will be awarded to hospitals improving their overall national ranking for the clinical quality measures by 30 percent or more from the previous year and to those improving their overall national ranking for patients’ perception of care survey results by 30 percent or more from the previous year.
Utah: Certificates will be awarded to the hospital with the greatest overall improvement in the national ranking from the previous year for process of care measures, and to the hospital with the greatest overall improvement in the rankings for patients’ perception of care.
Awards and recognition certificates will be presented at the 2016 Inagural Healthcare Conference in South Lake Tahoe on September 7, 2016 and the Utah Hospital Association Annual Awards Dinner in Deer Valley on October 12, 2016.the 2016 Utah Hospital Association Annual Awards Dinner.
Measures represented in the Quality Award are based on Hospital Compare data from the time period 10/1/2014 to 9/30/2015 for the process of care and HCAHPS measures, and 7/1/2014 and 6/30/2015 for HWR.
The process of care measures are:
- AMI-8a PCI within 90 minutes of arrival
- IMM-2 Influenza Immunization
- STK-1 VTE prophylaxis
- STK-4 Thrombolytic therapy
- STK-6 Discharged on statin medication
- STK-8 Stroke education
- VTE-1 VTE prophylaxis
- VTE-2 VTE prophylaxis for ICU patients
- VTE-3 VTE patients with anticoagulation overlap therapy
- VTE-5 VTE patients discharged on a blood thinner who received written instructions
- OP-4 Aspirin at arrival for outpatients
- How often did nurses communicate well with patients?
- How often did doctors communicate well with patients?
- How often did patients receive help quickly from hospital staff?
- How often was the patient's pain well controlled
- How often did staff explain about medicines before giving them to patients?
- Were patients given information about what to do during their recovery at home
- How often were the patients' rooms and bathrooms kept clean?
- How often was the area around the patient's rooms kept quiet at night?
- How do patients rate the hospital overall?
- Would patients recommend the hospital to friends or family?
- 30 day hospital-wide, all-cause readmissions