Quality Payment Program
Healthy People, Healthy Communities
Quality Payment Program
HealthInsight Can Help your Practice with QPP
We can help you maximize the well-being of your patients and staff while staying financially viable.
Serving New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon and Utah
HealthInsight is ready to help practices take an integrated approach to the Quality Payment Program. We have studied the rules and stay informed on updates, clarifications and CMS learning opportunities. Some of the support we can offer:
- Strategies to address multiple aspects of QPP while building your practice's capacity to achieve long-term success under alternative payment models
- Guidance on how to use new revenue codes to build your practice's capacity to succeed across many newer payment programs
- Support on how to advance through the stages of QPP to succeed initially and as the requirements build
- Resources to help meet program requirements
- Linkage to HealthInsight initiatives to count toward meeting QPP requirements
- Connecting with your state health information exchange to help support QPP
- Support for measure selection that aligns to your goals and priorities across MIPS categories
Health Care Practitioners in Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon and Utah:
HealthInsight is offering technical assistance and strategies to ensure success in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Quality Payment Program. This support is available at no cost to your practice. We have studied the rules and stay informed on updates, clarifications and learning opportunities from CMS.
New Mexico providers with 15 or fewer eligible clinicians
For New Mexico practices with 15 or fewer health care practitioners, particularly those in medically underserved and rural areas, the Health Services Advisory Group, Inc., (HSAG) headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, has been selected to provide this support, also at no cost to the practice. HealthInsight intends to work collaboratively with HSAG in developing a smooth hand-off process to seamlessly assist smaller practices on their Quality Payment Program efforts. HealthInsight will continue to assist practices in New Mexico with 16 or more health care practitioners.
Understanding the Quality Payment Program
How do you know if your medical practice needs to participate in the Quality Payment Program in 2017? The Medicare Learning Network Management Systems offers a simple, online and self-paced course on participating in the Quality Payment Program and picking a pace that works for your practice. The course provides information on:
- The basics of the Quality Payment Program
- Steps to take to actively participate in the Quality Payment Program to avoid a payment penalty and possibly earn a positive payment adjustment
- Factors to consider in choosing how to participate in the program through either the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) or an Advanced Alternative Payment Model (APM).
ACCME Designation Statement: The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM
This calculator is a tool to estimate how well you will be scored and reimbursed in the MIPS program based on the four categories of Quality, Advancing Care Information, Improvement Activities and Cost. The information generated from this tool will help target areas for improvement.
CMS will make the Annual Quality and Resource Use Reports (QRURs) available for 2016. This page will contain additional links to templates, methodologies and supporting information for the 2016 Annual QRURs and the 2018 Value Modifier.
Improvement Activities Resources
Advanced Alternative Payment Models
American Medical Association and the Center for Healthcare Quality and Payment Reform
Understanding Payment Reform
Network for Regional Healthcare Improvement
Slides from the QPP Webinar Series- MIPS Deep Dive: Advancing Care Information and Costs - presentation on May 23, 2017
Copy of the slide deck for the QPP webinar presented on May 16, 2017
A recording of the QPP webinar presented on May 16, 2017
QPP Webinar Series- A recording of the QPP Overview webinar presented on May 9, 2017.
Email us or call the number below to get in contact for any questions you may have.