Beneficiary and Family Advisory Council
HealthInsight Oregon is a nonprofit organization working to improve health and health care for Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries in Oregon.
The purpose of our Beneficiary and Family Advisory Council (BFAC) is to keep the patient and family perspective at the center of the projects we lead with doctors, medical facilities, patients, and communities. Click on "Health Care Professionals" above to see links for our current projects.The BFAC is now accepting applications for potential new council members to share ideas and feedback that will shape HealthInsight Oregon's project activities. We welcome your interest!
Qualities of an Advisor:
We hope for input from people who
- Can share insight and experience in productive ways
- See beyond their own personal experience
- Respect diversity and differing opinions
- Listen well
- Collaborate on solutions
- Have passion for enhancing the health care experience for all
We are looking for candidates who
- Have experience as a patient and/or patient’s family member
- Can make a commitment to participate on the Advisory Council for at least 1 year
- Are willing to attend an orientation
- Are able to attend regularly scheduled monthly meetings in downtown Portland.
- Parking or transit fare will be covered, and refreshments will be provided.
- In-person attendance is strongly preferred, to build connections between Council members; telephone conference calls can be arranged on an as-needed basis.
Want to find out more?
- Contact our staff with your questions about the BFAC:
- Phone Jennifer Wright at 503-382-3919
- Download and print an application form, and return your completed form by mail or fax (to protect your confidentiality):