Hospitals to Submit 4Q 2016 HCAHPS Survey Data by April 5, 2017
The submission deadline for the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) patient perspectives on care survey data for fourth quarter (4Q) 2016 discharges (October 1–December 31, 2016) is April 5, 2017.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) strongly encourages all hospitals, whether they self-administer the HCAHPS Survey or use a survey vendor, to submit data at least two days prior to the deadline to allow time to address any submission issues.
- Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) hospitals participating in the Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) Program must collect and submit HCAHPS data in order to qualify to receive their full Annual Payment Update (APU).
- Non-IPPS hospitals must meet the same submission deadline for their data to be published on Hospital Compare.
The Review and Correction Period is April 6–April 12, 2017.
Immediately following the April 5, 2017 data submission deadline, participating hospitals and survey vendors have a seven-day opportunity to access and review the HCAHPS Data Review and Correction Report. The report contains a summary of the data accepted into the warehouse for the quarter. New data are not accepted into the warehouse during the Review and Correction Period. Errors in data accepted into the warehouse by the April 5, 2017 deadline can be corrected. During this seven-day period, the corrected data can be resubmitted to the warehouse to replace the incorrect data.
· For questions regarding specific HCAHPS hospital data, contact the HCAHPS Project Team at (888) 884-4007 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· For general questions regarding HCAHPS, contact CMS at HospitalCAHPS@cms.hhs.gov.
· For questions regarding information on the HCAHPS initiative, file specifications, and data submission protocols, use the contact information on the HCAHPS website at www.hcahpsonline.org.
· Questions regarding the Hospital IQR Program may be submitted through the Inpatient Questions & Answers tool at https://cms-ip.custhelp.com.