National Partnership Call: Dementia Care in Nursing Homes
National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care will host a Dec. 6 call about the reform of requirements for long-term care facilities, highlighting the Behavioral Health Services & Pharmacy Services sections. A Tennessee nursing home will discuss innovative approaches that have dramatically reduced its use of antipsychotic medications. CMS subject matter experts will also share updates on the progress of the National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes and Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI). A question and answer session will follow the presentations.
Call date and time:
Tuesday, Dec. 6
11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. MT, 10:30 a.m.-noon PT
Diane Corning, CMS
Douglas Ford, National HealthCare Corporation, Fort Sanders
Michele Laughman and Debbie Lyons, CMS
Consumer and advocacy groups, nursing home providers, surveyor community, prescribers, professional associations, and other interested stakeholders.
- Slides: The slide presentation will be posted to this page prior to the call.
- Article: A Collaborative Approach to Reducing Antipsychotics
- Audio recording and transcript: Links will be posted to this web page in approximately 2 weeks following the call
To register for an MLN Connects Call, please Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- If you need additional assistance with registration, please email us at email@example.com.
- To request TTY services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 business days before the event.
For More Information:
Please visit the National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes, QAPI, and Hand in Hand webpages.